It is funny how simple things can makes you feel happy. Recipe is shared below. If you have got any other low carb french fries recommendation simply comment below I am always on the look for new options.
- 2 swedes, medium size
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs or dried oregano or dried marjoram
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Yoghurt dip
- 1/4 cup yoghurt of your choice (soy or coconut work well)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- A pinch of ground chilli to taste
- 1/2 juice of lime
- 1 small garlic glove, crushed or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 220 C fan grill mode.
- Prepare the yoghurt sauce
- Place the yoghurt into a mixing bowl and whisk in the lemon juice.
- Stir in the ground paprika, chilli, garlic.
- Set aside in the fridge while you prepare the fries.
- Simply mix the yogurt with paprika and chilli.
- Wash the swedes and using a sharp knife remove both ends. Discard.
- Peel the swedes and cut them into large rectangle fries like you will do for potatoes. Use a sharp knife as swedes is a tough vegetable very difficult to cut.
- In a mixing bowl, add the olive oil and spices. Combine until the mixture is darker.and well combined.
- Place the fries into a mixing bowl and pour the prepared oil onto the fries. Use your hands to massage the fries with the oil mixture.
- Place the fries onto a baking dish leaving space between each fries.
- Bake for 15 minutes then open the oven and using a spoon stir the fries to make sure they cook on all sides.
- Return to the oven for 10 more minutes or until golden, crispy outside but soft in the center.
- Enjoy with the chilli paprika yogurt sauce.