When detoxing you put additional pressure on your elminative organs. The skin is a huge eliminative organ and plays an integral part in any detox regime. Support your skin throughout detox and keep your products as natural and simple as possible.
- 300g unrefined dry sea salt – very fine grained
- 10g/15g body butter (Coconut oil/Shea butter/Mango butter)
- 100ml of nourishing skin oils (eg Peach kernel/Apricot kernel oil/Sweet lAmond oil or Grapeseed oil)
- 22 drops essential oil blend (This can be left out if you have ultra sensitive skin)
- Pour the sea salt into your mixing bowl. Make sure that there are no lumps in the salt.
- Melt the body butter in a bain marie (never never microwave) and then pour the melted butters into the bowl of salt. Stir the melted butter and salt mix thoroughly until the butter is fully dispersed in amongst the grains of salt. It’ll take a slightly fluffy appearance once it’s properly blended.
- Pour the runny oils into the pyrex jug. Add the essential oils if you are using them. Mix throroughly with a plastic spoon.
- Add the runny oil blend from the pyrex jug into the mixing bowl contining the salt and butter blend and stir thoroughly. Allow the mix to sit for 5 minutes then stir thoroughly again before putting the polish into your storage jar. Keep the jars upright.
- Because of the large quantity of natural oils and vitamin E in these oils in this salt polish I recommend you store this product in the fridge and away from sunlight or heat. Use within 3 – 6 months. Stir thoroughly before each use. If you put this in the fridge make sure you label the salt product ‘do not eat’!