The humble cucumber is not just a water-rich vegetable with some nutrients, but in fact a fresh cucumber’s extracts contain many powerful antioxidants and anti-inflammatory elements that are very good for your skin. These make cucumber a great natural ingredient that hydrates, softens, soothes, cleanses, and reduces swelling and a natural boon for oily or sunburned skin. It also works to lighten and brighten your skin. A DIY cucumber face mask can be applied as a toner for oily skin and as well as a moisturizer for dry skin.
Check out these diy cucumber face masks that are sure to make your skin jovial and healthy, leaving a fresh, supple and lively face behind!!
Cucumber, Mint And Egg White Face Mask:
This mask deep cleanses your skin and makes it supple and hydrated. As it contains egg-white, it tightens your skin as well.
- Take some fresh mint leaves and blend them.
- Peel a fresh cucumber and either grate or blend it.
- Take half of an egg white and beat it until it turns frothy.
- Blend and mix all the ingredients together and your mask is ready.
- Apply the mask evenly over your face, leaving out the eye area and lips.
- Let the mask sit on your face for 25 minutes or till it dries up, and then rinse it off with water and pat dry your skin.
Cucumber And Yogurt Face Mask For All Skin Types:
As the yogurt contains lactic acid, it helps exfoliate your skin to make it smooth and moisturized. The yogurt combined with the cooling properties of cucumber comforts sunburned skin and makes it a perfect refreshing face mask. It is also beneficial for those who are having pimples and skin discoloration.
- Take a half of fresh cucumber
- 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt.
- Use thick plain unsweetened and unflavored yogurt to avert any skin irritations.
- Peel the cucumber and blend it with yogurt well or make a puree of the two together. For those who have dry skin, they can add in a little of coconut or olive oil.
- Wash your face with warm water to open up the skin pores. Pat dry with a clean towel.
- Using clean fingertips gently massage the mixture onto your face in circular motion, leaving it there for 20 minutes or till it dries out.
- When the face mask is dried up, gently rinse the mask off using warm water first and then cold water. Pat dry your face with a clean soft towel.
- If your skin is dry, apply a drop of olive oil to moisturize your face.
All Natural Cucumber And Honey / Aloe Vera Facial Mask:
Honey boosts elasticity of your skin due to its exfoliating properties. Honey also promotes new tissue growth contributing to healthy and young looking skin. As an alternative to honey you may use aloe vera, as it contains equally beneficial properties.
- Take half of a fresh cucumber
- 1 tablespoon of honey or aloe vera.
- Peel the cucumber and make its puree or blend it.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of honey or aloe vera with the blended or pureed cucumber.
Cucumber, Brown Sugar, Honey And Milk Face Mask:
Brown sugar acts as an effective exfoliant. After using this mask your face will feel fresh and rejuvenated. You can vary the ingredients of this mask according to what are available in your kitchen.
- Take half of a fresh cucumber
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Peel and blend the cucumber to make its puree.
- Mix together the milk, honey and brown sugar thoroughly and then add this mixture to the blended cucumber.
Cucumber, Oatmeal And Honey Face Mask Recipe For Acne:
If you have oily acne prone skin, apply this effective oil control cucumber and oatmeal facial mask. While oatmeal exfoliate your skin cells and get rid of extra sebum (soaks up excess oils) and slough off dead cells as well from the skin surface, the cucumber will revitalize and hydrate your skin. Honey will soften your skin and work to even out coarse texture of the oatmeal to check over exfoliation. This mask also contains anti-bacterial and anti-septic properties. It not only deep cleanses your skin pores, but moisturizes your skin as well.
- Take a half of fresh cucumber
- 1 tablespoon of ground oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Peel the cucumber and blend or puree the cucumber and put it in a small bowl.
- Mix in the other ingredients thoroughly.
Cucumber, Aloe Vera And Lemon Juice Facial Mask Recipe For Aging Skin:
This cucumber facial mask is packed with anti-oxidants and diminishes wrinkles, fine lines that are caused by skin aging. Cucumber acts to even out skin discoloration that has occurred due to dark age-spots. Aloe Vera is very effective in healing and shielding early skin aging.
- Use up to 1/2 of a teaspoon or 5 drops of lemon juice. If you use it in excess, it can burn and irritate your skin.
- Take an aloe vera leave and cut it from the base where lies the most gel.
- Wash it completely and place it on a chopping board.
- Peel off the thick exterior and take out the transparent gel with the help of a spoon.
- Peel a half of small fresh cucumber and blend all the three ingredients together to make a refreshing wrinkles and fine lines busting all natural cucumber face mask.
Tip: Do not apply this mask on the areas around mouth and eyes, where the skin is very sensitive and dry. This face mask is tightening and thus can cause fine lines on these areas.
If you are using a cucumber from the refrigerator, first let it reach the room temperature before using it.
Put on an apron or an old tea-shirt over your clothes to avoid the face mask from dripping over your clothes.
Before using any face mask, first remove all cosmetics, creams, lotions and cleanse your face and neck with water. If necessary, use a mild cleanser or soap. Consider steaming to open up your skin pores to ensure that the face mask can penetrate deeper to nourish your skin.
Pat dry your face with a clean soft towel.
Lay back while waiting for your cucumber facial mask to dry. You can also place two cucumber slices on your eyes to reduce eyes puffiness and diminish dark circles.
After removing the mask, consider using rosewater on your skin to close the pores and re-freshen your skin.
Depending upon your skin type, consider applying a moisturizing gel or lotion of your choice after you are completely finished with your face mask application.
Don’t throw away any excess facial mask mixture. You can use it on to your neck, chest, shoulders and hands to cleanse them.