This easy Citrus Herb Turkey Breast is juicy, delicious, and loaded with tantalizing flavors! Perfect for a smaller holiday gathering. The turkey smells so good while cooking and when it comes out of the oven, your mouth will start watering. Promise.
- 1 6 to 7 pound bone-in turkey breast, or 3 to 4 pound half-breast, skin intact
- 1 orange, quartered
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbsp extra light olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Rinse the turkey breast and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place quartered oranges and onion wedges on a parchment lined rimmed baking sheet. Top with sprigs of fresh thyme and rosemary.
- Drizzle olive oil over turkey breast and sprinkle with chopped thyme, rosemary, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Rub into the skin.
- Place turkey breast into the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350F and cook an additional 20 to 30 minutes or until turkey reaches 165 degrees with an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove turkey from the oven and tent with foil for 20 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
Note: If the turkey skin isn’t as crisp as you like after cooking, place under the broiler for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown and then tent with foil. Slice and serve.