Linguini is mixed with pieces of tender chicken and broccoli flowerets and coated with a rich, satiny Alfredo sauce featuring Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup to make a quick and fabulous dish.
So easy, so creamy and just so simple to whip up in 30 minutes from start to finish – perfect for those busy weeknights!
- 8 ounces rotini pasta
- 12 ounces broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless thin-sliced chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk, or more, as needed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Within the last 2 minutes of cooking time, add broccoli; drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, to taste. Add to skillet and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces.
- Melt butter in the skillet over medium heat. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in chicken broth and milk, and cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in heavy cream and garlic powder until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan until well combined, about 1 minute. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk as needed.
- Stir in pasta, broccoli and chicken. Gently toss to combine; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Most alfredo recipes are based entirely on whipping cream for the sauce. Replacing most of the cream with milk lightens this recipe up. The broccoli – a great source of vitamin A, vitamin C, and folate – also adds two servings of veggies per portion of pasta!