Soft fluffy potatoes with a light crunch, rich with garlic butter and then coated generously in melted oozy cheese.
- 600g baby potatoes
- 50g salted butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 100g cheese
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place the potatoes into a pan of boiling water and cook for 10-15 minutes until they are almost cooked.
- Drain the potatoes well, then place the potatoes in a roasting tray (lined with cooking paper) and bake for 10 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a small pan and then crush in the garlic.
- Cook for 2 minutes on a low heat.
- Remove the butter from the heat and add in the salt and dried parsley.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and use the back of a fork to squash the potatoes slightly. You don’t want to crush them, just break the skins open so the butter can ooze in.
- Pour the butter mixture over the potatoes, then sprinkle over the cheese.
- Put them back into the oven for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and everything is bubbling.
- Serve with icy cold prosecco (and some napkins!)