Summer planters are a great craft idea for kids. The children can decorate them anyway they want and they make the perfect end of school year teacher gifts or gift for a friend or neighbor. This adorable DIY WATERMELON POT is a cute addition to any indoor or outdoor garden space!
- Terra cotta pot (any size)
- 2 Foam paint brushes
- 1 Small paint brush
- Pink, light green, Kelly green, and black craft paint
1. Using one of your foam paint brushes, paint the bottom of your terra cotta pot pink and let dry completely.
2. Using your other foam paint brush, paint the rim of your terra cotta pot Kelly green and let dry as well.
3. Now paint the bottom of the terra cotta pot and the rim with a second coat of paint and let dry (the paint dries super fast on these pots).
4. Use your small paint brush to add a few light green stripes to the rim of the pot to look like the outside of a watermelon.
5. Rinse off your small paint brush and use it to paint the black seeds onto the pink bottom.
6. Once your watermelon flower pot is completely dry, it’s ready for a plant! Succulents are my favorite as they are very easy to take care of – and they just look so sweet in these pots!!!