Each year the holiday season is greeted in our house by several traditions. We play Christmas music, put up outside Christmas lights, decorate Christmas trees, and I make a huge batch of my homemade Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe. I set up a Hot Chocolate Bar in the kitchen, and the kids are allowed to make their own hot chocolate every afternoon when they get home from school.
My Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe makes a full canister of bulk mix. I place it in a canister along with a scoop, and each person can customize their prefect cup of hot chocolate. It is so much better than the prepackaged version. Just read the list of ingredients, and you’ll see why.
- 3 cups Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1½ cups Cocoa Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¾ cup Chocolate Chips, finely ground
- ¾ cup White Chocolate Chips, finely ground
- In a large mixing bowl combine nonfat dry milk powder, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Mix thoroughly with a wire whisk until combined.
- Place chocolate chips into a food processor or blender and pulse until finely ground.
- Repeat this process with the white chocolate chips.
- Add the finely ground chocolate chips to the powder mix. Combine using a wire whisk.
- Place prepared Hot Chocolate Mix into an airtight canister along with a scoop.
- To make Hot Chocolate, put about ⅓ cup hot chocolate mix into a mug and mix with 1 cup hot water or hot milk. Top with mini marshmallows or whipped cream.