This plyometric move targets the lower body, core stability, and upper body, making for an incredibly challenging and effective total-body exercise. It’ll also get your heart rate up! All you’ll need is a 6- to 12-pound medicine ball.
- Start in a split lunge, dropping the back knee, with your front knee behind the toes.
- Keeping a stable core and bringing your arms overhead, slam the ball onto the ground.
- Jump up and switch legs, bringing the opposite foot forward and coming back into a split lunge.
- Bringing your arms overhead again and slam the ball onto the ground.
- This counts as one rep. Keep it fast and light, and complete three sets of 12 to 15 reps.