It’s all natural!
And finally, it makes my skin feel amazing! I use this cream twice a day and a face mask twice a week, and I’m loving my new skin!! Seriously … this cream is fabulous!
Store bought cosmetics and beauty products are a big question mark in my book. For a lot of people, they can be a major source of chemical exposure. An average beauty product (including most lotions and moisturizers) contain dozens and dozens of chemicals, some known to be harmful, and many more that have not even been tested for safety in humans. This homemade recipe is SO EASY, all natural, and works better than any other store bought product I’ve tried!
Convinced to give it a try? This recipe really couldn’t be easier!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3/4 cup of Unrefined Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp of Vitamin E Oil
- 20-30 drops total of your favorite Essential Oils (see below for recommendations … I use Frankincense and Lavender as my main base)
Mix it up
An easy three steps …
- Place all three ingredients in a medium bowl (or in you kitchen aid mixer … which I don’t have).
- Beat oils for several minutes (~3 minutes) until they are very creamy.
- Place in small GLASS or metal jar (just not plastic), label, and enjoy after washing!
Let’s talk about the benefits of these oils and why I choose this combination:
- Unrefined Coconut oil: Promotes collagen production and heals damaged skin. It is packed with antioxidants which are shown to have anti-aging effects. Why use unrefined for beauty products and creams? Because it’s additive and chemical free. It is richer in proteins, vitamins, and antioxidants. Coconut oil in general is an awesome oil to use for skin products because it’s solid at room temperature (though it quickly melts into your skin).
- Vitamin E oil can help block free radicals, and thus slow down the skin’s aging process and the formation of wrinkles (!!). It also promotes healing and helps to heal any scars, brown spots, other skin issues. Bonus: It’s also wonderful for your nails, so be sure to spread a little around!
- Essential Oils: Now, you can totally make this cream with just the coconut and vitamin E oils, and it will be wonderful (and, most importantly … all natural). But, if you want even more benefits adding an essential oil or combination of a few essential oils can really give your skin the extra boost and leave it looking even more fresh, lightened, smooth, and younger! Below are some great recommendations on what oils to use for what type of skin. If you only choose one, however, I recommend Frankincense. It has amazing properties to restore, smooth, and improve skin tone!
Recommended Essential Oils to use in Face Cream (pick one or a combination of several):
Oily or Acne Prone Skin: Cedarwood, Helichrysum, Lavender, Lemon, Melaleuca Altenifolia (Tea Tree), Patchouli, Roman Chamomile, Tea Tree, Ylang Ylang
Dry Skin: Frankincense, Helichrysum, Myrrh, Patchouli, Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang
For Anti-aging: Frankincense, Geranium, Helichrysum, Neroli, Myrrh, Patchouli, Rose, Ylang Ylang
For Scarring: Frankincense, Helichrysum, Neroli, Patchouli,
Sensitive Skin: Helichrysum, Neroli, Roman Chamomile, Rose