This barbecue chicken bake makes for an easy dinner with only minutes of prep, and is a crowd pleaser with its tender juicy chicken and bold and delicious flavors.
- (3 -3 1/2 lb) whole chickens, cut into pieces
- seasoning salt
- garlic powder
- ground black pepper(optional)
- 2cups prepared barbecue sauce
- Set oven to 350 degrees F (set oven rack to bottom position).
- Grease a jelly-roll pan (it is best to cook the chicken on a rack that fits in the jelly-roll pan, if you do not have a rack then just sit the chicken in the pan).
- Pat chicken dry using paper towels, then place skin-side down on the jelly-roll pan.
- Season the chicken with seasoned salt, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Turn skin-side up and season again.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully drain all fat from the pan.
- Pour the barbecue sauce over the chicken turning the pieces over to coat with the sauce (place skin-side up again in pan).
- Return to oven UNCOVERED and bake for about 30 minutes more or until if cooked through.