All you need to make this creamy pasta are a few simple ingredients: chicken, bacon, pasta, cheese, broccoli, garlic, tomatoes, chicken broth, and heavy whipping cream.
- 8 slices thick cut bacon, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups diced onion (about 1 onion)
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups broccoli florets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10 oz) can Ro-Tel tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz (about 3 cups) penne pasta
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper, each
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large pot with high sides, or a dutch oven, cook bacon over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned and crispy, about 5-7 minutes. Remove to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. In the same pot with the bacon grease, arrange the chicken in a single layer. Cook for 5 minutes until golden and browned, flipping once halfway through. Remove with a slotted spoon to the plate with the bacon. If necessary, remove all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease from the pan. Increase heat to high, add the onions and broccoli, and cook until the onions are golden and brown, about 5-7 minutes. Decrease heat to low, add garlic and stir to combine until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove all the veggies to the plate with the chicken and bacon.
- Add the broth, Rotel, cream, pasta, salt, and pepper to the pot. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the chicken, bacon, and veggies back into the pot and stir to combine until heated through, 1-2 minutes. Turn off the heat, add the cheese and stir until smooth and melted.
- Serve and enjoy!! 🙂