There is nothing quite like a creamy, no-bake layered dessert. Especially when those layers are chocolate and peanut butter.
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Bring sugar, milk, margarine, and cocoa powder to a boil in a large saucepan for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in oats, peanut butter, and vanilla extract until dough is evenly mixed.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of dough on prepared baking dish and let rest until cooled and set, about 50 minutes.
- For crispy cookies, substitute 2 cups quick-cooking oats and 2 cups crispy rice cereal for 3 cups oats.