If you’re powering up for a workout, hankering for a mid-morning snack, or looking for a way to drink more fruits and veggies, check out these creamy, dreamy smoothies.
Blueberry Muffin Smoothie
- 1/2 cup milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond breeze)
- 4 – 6oz vanilla Greek yogurt (1 individual-sized container)
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 frozen banana (or a whole banana if you like your smoothies sweeter)
- 1/4 cup raw, uncooked certified gluten-free oats
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- Add ingredients to blender in the order listed above then blend until very smooth, about 2 minutes.
Creamy Avocado Mango Smoothie
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 Tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ medium avocado (50 grams), pitted, flesh scooped out
- 1 cup frozen mango cubes
- 1 pitted medjool date
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Place water and shredded coconut into your blender and blend until the water becomes cloudy — about 10-30 seconds. Add all remaining ingredients into blender and blend until smooth.
Vegan Vanilla Smoothie
- 1/2 cup soft tofu
- 1 cup vanilla soy milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 tablespoon peanut butter
- Place everything in a blender and mix until smooth, about one minute. Enjoy!
Peach Strawberry Smoothie
- 2 frozen ripe bananas
- 2 peaches
- a dozen strawberries
- 1 cup of almond milk
- a few ice cubes (optional)
- Optional – a tablespoon each of ground flaxseeds and chia seeds
- Simply peel the bananas and cut them into slices, placing the slices into the freezer for at least two hours (I normally freeze mine overnight.)
- Once you’re ready to make your smoothie cut the tops of the strawberries (these can be frozen too for an hour or so before making too, but be sure to cut the top off before freezing.)
- Then cut the peach to remove the stone – keep the skin on though.
- Place all the fruit in a blender with the almond milk and ice and blend until smooth, depending on how runny you like it you might like to add more liquid, either more almond milk or a little water.
- Then sip and love!
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries (I buy them fresh then freeze them)
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 cup of kale
- 3/4 of a cup of water/almond milk/coconut water
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of hemp protein powder
- 1 teaspoon of spirulina
- Optional: 2 medjool dates (this sweetens it)
- Simply place everything together in the blender, peel the banana and pit the dates first though!
- Then blend for a minute or so until smooth.
- Then sip, love and enjoy!